Monday, December 6, 2010

You Can Call Me IronNick

It snowed here on Thursday night.  Supposedly we got 10 inches, but I would  call it more like 6.  And it has been cold.  This all translated into zero outdoor biking or running this weekend.  I did an interval video on Saturday, and another 60 minutes on the trainer yesterday, but it isn't the same.  It was cold out, there was snow on the ground, and all I wanted to do was lay on the couch and have someone feed me mashed potatoes.

So I decided to sign up for a half-ironman triathlon in August.  1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run for a total of 70.3 self-powered miles. I don't really have a hard time goal, I just want to finish without needing medical attention.  That's not completely true. I would like to finish in under 6 hours. The swim and the bike I am not worried about.  I swim that distance twice each week now, and the bike is a reasonable distance.  It is that pesky running part that gets me.  My attempt at a half marathon this past summer was pathetic.  Anyway, this should get me off the couch this winter.  I don't like to be humiliated, especially in public while wearing lycra.

Upon completion of this race I may legally change my name to IronNick. I will also answer to Dr. IronNick.

No comments:

Post a Comment