Sunday, May 1, 2011

Successful I Challenge

This was the weekend of the Illinois marathon.  Being registered for the "I Challenge", I ran in the 5K on Friday night and the half marathon on Saturday morning.  Personal records were set in both, although I am not sure it is fair to talk about PR's quite yet having done only a few 5K races in the past 4 years, and 1 pathetic half marathon last year. 

5K result: 25:36 (8:15/mi pace)
Half-marathon result: 1:49:11 (8:20/mi pace)

Considering I was just hoping to break 2 hours (or run ~9 minute miles) when I started getting ready for this in January, I am pretty happy. 

Now I just have to figure out how to run this far after a 1.2 mile swim and 56 mile bike by August 14th.


Half-marathoners bookending the better looking relay team
I suppose now I have to start thinking about training for a full marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment