Friday, October 15, 2010

The Locker Room

I have one question: At what age do men decide that it is totally cool to break what I think is standard locker room etiquette and just walk around naked while doing everything?

Being naked is required in the locker room for things like changing, showering, etc.  I can understand and accept that.

But is it necessary to be naked while standing in front of the mirror to shave, brush your teeth, comb your hair?  Why is it so hard to keep your towel on? (OK I lied, I obviously had more than question).  I live alone and don't even do this in the comfort of my own home.

This week I was even exposed to a middle-aged dude clipping his toenails, with his foot up on the sink, naked. Personally, I don't want to operate a toe or finger nail clipper (or any tool with sharp edges or a pinching function) with nothing between it and my man parts. Doing it spread eagle in front of a group of relative strangers takes it to a new level.  I have been trying to erase that image from my memory for three days.

Am I homophobic for having these thoughts?  I don't think so, and I hope not.  I just prefer not to accidentally catch a glimpse of:



Gross is right. No disrespect to old(er) dudes.

My final question: Is it the same in women's locker rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment