Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Movie

Going to a movie tonight.  A special, one-time only premier event for Race Across the Sky 2010, which documents this year's Leadville 100 mountain bike race in Leadville, CO.  I am excited.  How could I not be given the trailer?


Race Across The Sky 2010 from Citizen Pictures on Vimeo.

I entered a drawing for a free ticket at my local bike shop.  Being the risk averse individual I am, I also bought tickets ahead of time online since the drawing was not held until yesterday.  I was worried that the movie would sell out - what with the huge mountain bike race crowd in Central Illinois (heavy sarcasm).  Of course, I won one of the free tickets.  Luckily I was able to give it away to a fellow cycling enthusiast in my department.

There are a few possible outcomes that may follow my viewing of this documentary. 

First, I may decide to quit my job and pursue a professional bike racing career.  That probably won't happen. As long as I can fight the urge to resign through the weekend.  And since I am giving an exam next week, I doubt I will make any rash career decisions.

Second, and more likely, this film will get me really pumped up for mountain biking (even more so than I already happen to be right now).  I will then proceed to go out and buy some more gear and accessories. And start making tentative plans for mountain biking trips in the next few years, which will probably eventually "require" even more gear and accessories. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that, at least in my case, it was a very good idea for the local bike shop to give away some tickets to this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment